A Birthday and a Bridal Shower  

Posted by: Amanda

We've had a lot of celebrations around here lately. Our son is officially the big "0-4", and one of our very best friends recently asked me to cater cakes to her super-adorable, chic bridal shower. For the cakes, I used amazing recipes from both Bakerella and Picky Palate.   ...and the rest? Well, that was.... just me!


Gabe, our now "super big boy" (as he calls himself), is completely obsessed with Iron Man. He owns practically every Iron Man getup available as of yesterday at 1:28:36 p.m. (CST). He was very excited to know that the arc light that served as the cake topper for his birthday bash does, in fact, work. And, it attaches to his shirt. What's better than that?! Well, besides Bakerella's oh-so-amazing yellow cake recipe that I used.



Now, these next two were some of the fastest, most visually-appealing cakes I've made to date. For the cake, I used Picky Palate's recipe for Chocolate Crumb-topped Cupcakes (minus the crumb topping), and I filled them with my very own recipe for Candied Cream Cheese Icing (featured here on Tasty Kitchen!). Both cakes were a hit, and very nice to look at, if I may say so myself!




Some very tasty low-carb recipes to follow soon - I'm on a mission for healthy, low-carb, delicious eats (save for the cakes and sweets, of course...)!

This entry was posted on 11:24 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment